Wednesday, April 20, 2016
- Prepared by: Jeanne Mccabe, April 24, 2016
- Sally White
- Jeanne Mccabe
- Kate Tinklenberg
- Raf Adame
- Zee Zolnay
- Sean Wippert
STC Chapter Business
- Raf will submit the chapter financial report to the STC Treasurer by May 15.
- Sally is attending the STC Summit, which starts on May 15 in Anaheim.
- Anyone wishing to make a presentation (topic of your choice), see the 2016 calendar for openings.
- The May meeting will be replaced with our annual outing. On Saturday, May 7, we will meet at the Mob Museum at 10 am. Lunch following at Therapy restaurant.
- The next meeting is June 15. Sally will present a STC Summit Recap. If anyone has a presentation topic, time is available.
- Jack Molisani, President of ProSpring Technical Staffing, presented “Career Advancement through Personal Branding”. Members participated for chocolate…
- Personal branding and proper positioning places technical communicators in a valuable position relative to their clients/employers. This can be summed up by the answer to the question, “Ask me about…” In other words, what do we do that increases revenue and/or decreases costs in the business environment? Thus, we are not a commodity that can be outsourced to the lowest bidder. For instance, as a content strategist, you may decrease technical support costs.
- Be The Captain of Your Career: A New Approach to Career Planning and Advancement is Jack’s book, covering this and other topics.
- Jack’s website is ProSpringStaffing.com. He can be reached at JackMolisani@ProSpringStaffing.com and @JackMolisani. A copy of his presentation will be posted to his website.
- The LavaCon Conference, on Content Strategy, will be held October 26-28 at the Golden Nugget Hotel in Las Vegas. If any STC member wishes to volunteer as a room monitor, she/he can attend the conference at no cost. Please contact Jack for details.