Wednesday, March 16, 2016
- Prepared by: Jeanne Mccabe, March 21, 2016
- Sally White
- Jeanne Mccabe
- Raf Adame
- Zee Zolnay
Treasurer’s Report: Raf
- Raf reported that we have $195.00 in discretionary money in our chapter account.
STC Chapter Website
- Zee is joining Matt in providing technical support for the STC chapter website.
2016 Calendar Review
- For the annual outing, members present decided to visit Mob Museum, followed by lunch. Activity will be Saturday, May 7, at 10 a.m. (See 2016 Meeting Schedule.)
- Our annual holiday dinner will be Saturday, December 3, at 6:00 p.m. at the Bootlegger Bistro. (See 2016 Meeting Schedule.)
- The 2016 Meeting Schedule looks terrific. We are looking forward to workshops, presentations, and several guest speakers.
- Jeanne presented the results of online technical communications job postings. The evaluation period was 3 weeks in February and March 2016, in the Las Vegas/Henderson area.
- Zee Presented “Toastmasters and the Internet 2.0: A communication and Leadership Organization discovers its voice in the new media.”
- Toastmasters International, founded in 1924, is now going digital. All materials will be available online. They have a website, chapter websites, Facebook pages, and are “engaging” on Meetup!
Upcoming April 20 Meeting
- Jack Molisani will speak on “Advancing Your Career Using Personal Public Relations.” Please email Sally to confirm attendance.